Listing at the right price is crucial and a home appraisal from Professional Appraisers of Texas will ensure you get it right.
If you’re going to sell your home, you should seriously consider a professional appraisal. Don’t think of an appraisal as purely an expense; it pays you in the long run! Unless a homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like a professional appraiser does, it’s hard for them to understand real estate market forces.
We are not talking about the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or how much you want for it. You see, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on the true market value of your home. Technically, something is only going to sell for the price another person is willing to give you.
Selling yourself instead of using a real estate agent and need help with pricing?
Quite a few Texas homeowners are making the decision to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But to do it right, with minimal waiting and to get the most you can, what you need is a professional appraisal. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, and we understand that it’s difficult to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sound selling price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Be a very useful bargaining tool while speaking with a potential buyer
- Impress buyers with written proof of your home’s condition inside and out
- Alert you of issues and get rid of any overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Lower the possibility of unidentified problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Folks are sometimes surprised when they find out that their home’s value is more than they originally believed. So taking the first step and investing in a professional appraisal allowed them to get several thousand more than they originally thought. Others have an an exaggerated opinion of the value of their home, and by getting an appraisal it helped them to to realistically price their home in order for it to sell quickly – instead of sitting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home does not attract buyers, which means no offers and no closing, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources leaving you in real estate “limbo”
Even if you’re working with the most experienced agent, it’s definitely a good idea to have an unbiased second opinion of your home’s value before signing a listing contract. And that’s where Professional Appraisers of Texas comes in. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate summarizing of your home’s characteristics and a detailed breakdown of the the newest and similar comparable sales which we typically refer to as “comps” in the appraisal industry.
Consulting services for Texas Sellers: Put a local expert at your disposal
If you feel like you don’t need an “appraisal” but you’d still like some help gathering local sales and property data, we have services tailored for the needs of consumers like you to help with your real estate decisions..
After you order an appraisal report through Professional Appraisers of Texas, expect the following….
- We pride ourselves on making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a response ASAP: We personalize information to the needs of our customers. We’ll be more then happy to provide suggestions – just let us know what your situation is.
- Fast turnaround time: Typically one week or less from the date the request is received, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Consulting and appraisal report formats to suit YOUR needs: We’ve performed quite a few of assignments, and we know that in the practice of real estate appraising, there is no typical or standard “generic” report. Each appraisal report has specific assignment conditions and therefore a specific scope of work.
Any follow up questions? You can expect a prompt response from Professional Appraisers of Texas: Should you have any inquiries regarding your appraisal after you’ve read through the report, we suggest that you simply email or call us! .